Telfa AMD Antimicrobial Non-Adherant Single Pad 7.6cm x 20.3cm
Telfa® AMD™ Antimicrobial Dressings are impregnated with polyhexamethylene biguanide (PHMB) to provide an antimicrobial barrier to prevent microbial penetration and microbial growth within the dressing. Product is gentle to normal skin flora.
• Perforated mylar film with absorbent core allows it to be used as primary dressing
• Contains PHMB (polyhexamethylene biguanide), a gentle but effective antiseptic
• PHMB destroys the cell wall, making resistance very unlikely
• Limits cross-contamination and reduces risk of infection
• Non-adherent for less painful dressing changes
• Resists bacterial penetration and colonization
• Highly effective against most organisms
Telfa® AMD™ Antimicrobial Dressings can be used as a primary dressing to minimize bacterial log counts in the wound bed, or as a secondary dressing to eliminate growth within the gauze and protect against bacterial proliferation through the gauze.
Warnings and Precautions
Dakin's Solution cleanser may inactivate PHMB. This will impact dressing efficacy but should not be dangerous to patient health.
There are no reviews for this product yet. Please write a review here.