Mepilex Border Flex is an absorbent soft silicone dressing designed for a wide range of exuding wounds such as pressure injuries, leg and foot ulcers, and traumatic wounds.
Patients will experience varying levels of discomfort on their wound healing journey. As their needs change and as levels of exudate rise and fall, so do the demands from the dressing.
When dealing with a smaller, less exuding wound or a wound located on a challenging contour, a lite dressing could be a perfect fit.
New Mepilex® Border Flex Lite introduces Flex Technology into bordered foam lite dressings, allowing the dressing to stay on and uniquely conform.
1) Innovative Flex Technology - this enables the dressing to stretch 360°, reducing the tension in the pad and the border of the dressing. The Flex cuts enable the dressing to stay in place for longer.
2) Improved exudate management - the innovative design has resulted in an increase in total absorbency within the dressing, enabling the dressing to have a superior fluid handling capacity. Mepilex Border Flex can now also handle viscous exudate due to the Flex cut Technology.
3) Bacteria trapping - the 5-layer construction of Mepilex Border Flex absorbs, channels and traps exudate containing bacteria away from the wound bed and prevents re-entry, even under compression.
4) Exudate Progress Monitor on the backing film assists clinicians to objectively measure the amount of exudate by counting the number
How to use
1. Cleanse the wound according to clinical practice. Dry the surrounding skin thoroughly.
2. Select an appropriate size/shape. The wound pad should cover the dry surrounding skin by at least 1-2 cm.
3. Remove the first release film and apply the adherent side to the wound.
4. Remove the remaining release film(s) and smooth down the border on the skin. Do not stretch the dressing.
Silicone, polyurethane, polyacrylate, viscose, polyester and polyolefin
Always read the label. Use as directed.
Do not use on patient with known hypersensitivity to the dressing or its ingoing materials.
Do not use together with oxidising agents such as hypochlorite solutions or hydrogen peroxide.
If you see signs of clinical infection e.g., fever or the wound or surrounding skin becoming red, warm or swollen, consult a health care professional for appropriate treatment.
Do not reuse. If reused performance of the product may deteriorate, cross contamination may occur.
Sterile. Do not use if sterile barrier is damaged or opened prior to use. Do not re-sterilise.