Mepilex Border Flex 7.5cm x 7.5cm Dressing 10 Pack
All-in-one dressing that is designed to stay on and uniquely conform
Our next generation of flexible dressings are designed to stay on and uniquely conform; giving time back to nurses, cost savings back to managers and quality of life back to patients 1 2 .
Designed to conform and stay on
Our proprietary Flex Technology creates great conformability, and a dressing that is more flexible than compared bordered foam dressings 3 . A dressing that moves with the patient and stays on even in the shower 4 . Gives more time back to nurses to focus on care, not unscheduled dressing changes.
Smart exudate management
The five-layer dressing absorbs, channels and traps exudate and allows you to track exudate progress. Keeping exudate away from the wound bed, and preventing re-entry, even under compression 5 . It has better exudate handling capacity than compared bordered foam dressings and can handle both normal and viscous exudate 6 7 .
Reduced pain and trauma
Our proven Safetac® technology means less pain 8 and trauma 8 during dressing changes, and reduced risk of maceration than traditional (adhesive) dressings 9 10 .
Areas of use
You can use Mepilex® Border Flex to treat a wide range of exuding chronic and acute wounds such as diabetic foot ulcers, venous leg ulcers, pressure ulcers*, skin tears and traumatic wounds. It may also be used as part of a prophylactic therapy to help prevent skin damage, e.g. pressure ulcers.
Being available in square, oval and rectangular shapes, it can be used on a wide range of wounds and considered as your ‘go to’ all-in-one dressing.
Our proprietary three-part release liner makes it easy to apply Mepilex Border Flex** 11 . So you can place your dressings accurately and securely – avoiding wrinkles, rolled edges and re-applications. Which could save time and reduce waste, too.
- Flex Technology provides excellent flexibility 3 and conformability to avoid early detachment 12
Proven to handle more exudate*** than other all-in-one foam dressings 6
The Exudate Progress Monitor allows the spread of exudate to be objectively assessed and recorded, without disturbing the wound 13
- For use on a wide range of exuding chronic and acute wounds
*Where a repositioning or offloading protocol is used
**Available in 15 x 15cm and 15 x 20cm
***In vitro studies
- Nelson, D. A New Bordered Foam Dressing Technology Improves Wound Outcomes and Satisfaction While Reducing Dressing Utilization in Acute Care. Poster Presentation at WOCN Annual Meeting, Nashville, 2019.
- Tyson, LP. Study First: Driving the Case for Improving Hospital Wound Care. Poster Presentation at SAWC 2019, San Antonio, TX.
- Mölnlycke Health Care. Data on file. 2018. (f)
- Mölnlycke Health Care. Data on file. 2018. (d)
- Mölnlycke Health Care. Data on file. 2019. (a)
- Mölnlycke Health Care. Data on File. 2019. Products tested: Mepilex ® Border Flex, Urgotul® Foam Absorb Border, Aquacel® Foam, Allevyn ™ Gentle Border, Allevyn™ Life, Optifoam® Gentle, KerraFoam ® Gentle Border.
- Mölnlycke Health Care. Data on file. 2018. (g)
- White R. A multinational survey of the assessment of pain when removing dressings. Wounds UK 2008; 4(1):14-22.
- Woo K, Coutts P.M., Price P, Harding K, Sibbald R.G. A randomised crossover investigation of pain at dressing change comparing 2 foam dressings Advances in Skin and Wound Care 2009;22(7):304-310.
- Meaume S, et al. A study to compare a new self-adherent soft silicone dressing with a self-adherent polymer dressing in stage II pressure ulcers. Ostomy Wound Manage. 2003;49(9):44-51.
- Mölnlycke Health Care. Mepilex Border Flex - 3 parts release liner. Report no. PD-530091. Data on file.
- Mölnlycke Health Care. Data on File. 2018. (c)
- Mölnlycke Health Care. Data on file. 2018. (i)
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Works really well good absorbancy