Mepiform Dressing 5cm x 7.5cm 5 Pack
Self-adherent 1 dressing for reduction and prevention of hypertrophic or keloid scarring
Mepiform is designed to manage old and prevent new hypertrophic or keloid scars 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 . It can also be used as a prophylactic therapy 8 10 on closed wounds for prevention of hypertrophic or keloid scarring.
The Safetac layer ensures that the dressing can be removed and reapplied without losing its adherent properties 8 11 12 13 14 15 with easy removal 15 while remaining gentle to the skin 4 16 .
Mepiform is comfortable for the patient 7 8 and easy to use 15 17 18 .
- Self-adherent scar care dressing to manage old or prevent new scarring
- Safetac layer is easy to remove and reapply and is gentle to skin
- Available as sterile 1 or non-sterile dressings
- Mölnlycke Health Care. Data on file.
- Li-Tsang CW, Lau JC, Choi J, Chan CC, Jianan L. A prospective randomized clinical trial to investigate the effect of silicone gel sheeting (Cica-Care) on post-traumatic hypertrophic scar among the Chinese population. Burns : journal of the International Society for Burn Injuries. 2006;32(6):678-83.
- Li-Tsang CW, Zheng YP, Lau JC. A randomized clinical trial to study the effect of silicone gel dressing and pressure therapy on posttraumatic hypertrophic scars. Journal of burn care & research : official publication of the American Burn Association. 2010;31(3):448-57.
- Momeni M, Hafezi F, Rahbar H, Karimi H. Effects of silicone gel on burn scars. Burns : journal of the International Society for Burn Injuries. 2009;35(1):70-4.
- So K, Umraw N, Scott J, Campbell K, Musgrave M, Cartotto R. Effects of enhanced patient education on compliance with silicone gel sheeting and burn scar outcome: a randomized prospective study. The Journal of burn care & rehabilitation. 2003;24(6):411-7
- Wigger-Albert W, Kuhlmann M, Wilhelm D, Mrowietz U, Eichhorn K, Ortega J, et al. Efficacy of a polyurethane dressing versus a soft silicone sheet on hypertrophic scars. Journal of wound care. 2009;18(5):208, 10-4.
- Middelkoop E, Ahlenius M. Mepiform 003 - An open, single-centre uncontrolled study to register handling, application and reactions of Mepiform in the treatment of hypertrophic scars. MHC Clinical Investigation. 2000.
- Sakuraba M, Takahashi N, Akahoshi T, Miyasaka Y, Suzuki K. Use of silicone gel sheets for prevention of keloid scars after median sternotomy. Surgery today. 2011;41(4):496-9.
- Nor NM, Ismail R, Jamil A, Shah SA, Imran FH. A Randomized, Single-Blind Trial of Clobetasol Propionate 0.05% Cream Under Silicone Dressing Occlusion Versus Intra-Lesional Triamcinolone for Treatment of Keloid. Clinical drug investigation. 2017;37(3):295-301
- Gold MH, Foster TD, Adair MA, Burlison K, Lewis T. Prevention of hypertrophic scars and keloids by the prophylactic use of topical silicone gel sheets following a surgical procedure in an office setting. Dermatologic surgery : official publication for American Society for Dermatologic Surgery [et al]. 2001;27(7):641-4.
- Colom Maján JI, Taffo P. Mpf201 - An open randomised one clinic, explorative investigation comparing Mepiform® with no treatment in patients with hypertrophic scarring after burn or postoperative injury. MHC Clinical Investigation. 2003
- Nikkonen MM, Pitkanen JM, Al-Qattan MM. Problems associated with the use of silicone gel sheeting for hypertrophic scars in the hot climate of Saudi Arabia. Burns : journal of the International Society for Burn Injuries. 2001;27(5):498-501.
- Sakuraba M, Takahashi N, Akahoshi T, Miyasaka Y, Suzuki K. Experience of silicone gel sheets for patients with keloid scars after median sternotomy. General thoracic and cardiovascular surgery. 2010;58(9):467-70.
- Tan E, Chua SH, Lim JTE. Topical silicone gel sheet versus intralesional injections of triamcinolone acetonide in the treatment of keloids - a patient-controlled comparative clinical trial. 1999;10.
- Saulsberry C, Andersson A. Mepiform USA - An Evaluation of Mepiform with Safetac Technology for the Management of Hypertrophic Scars. MHC Clinical Investigation - submitted manuscript and poster. 2002.
- Eishi K, Bae SJ, Ogawa F, Hamasaki Y, Shimizu K, Katayama I. Silicone gel sheets relieve pain and pruritus with clinical improvement of keloid: possible target of mast cells. The Journal of dermatological treatment. 2003;14(4):248-52.
- Lindberg L, Ahlenius M. Mepiform 000 - The efficacy of Mepiform on keloids and hypertrophic scars; a randomised, controlled, open study. MHC Clinical Investigation, draft report. 1999
- Lindberg L, Ahlenius M. Siliscar 001 - Pilot study, Siliscar vs Albuplast. MHC Clinical Investigation, Clinical Report. 1998.
There are no reviews for this product yet. Please write a review here.