The use of honey for healing goes back thousands of years, to ancient Greece & Egypt. In recent years, a resurgence in the science and use of honey has driven research and clinical testing to understand the healing properties and effectiveness of medical-grade honey in wound healing. Most specifically, the Leptospermum species or Manuka plant has shown to produce a unique honey optimal for wound healing. As a result, clinicians worldwide are championing the use of medical-grade honey across the spectrum of care.
MEDIHONEY® is the global leading line of medical-grade honey products for the management of wounds and burns.
Derived from the Leptospermum species of plant in New Zealand, these unique dressings have properties which are beneficial throughout all phases of wound healing. MEDIHONEY® offers a full line of dressing solutions, providing versatility for varying wound and wound management needs.
What is MEDIHONEY® with Active Leptospermum Honey? MEDIHONEY® is an advanced wound care dressing that is supported by over 234 pieces of evidence demonstrating its clinical ability to promote the removal of necrotic tissue and advance a wound toward healing. In a randomized controlled trial, the mean healing time was significantly faster for wounds treated with MEDIHONEY® impregnated dressings when compared to conventional dressings.
Comvita's Medihoney products contain medical grade antibacterial Manuka honey, which has been scientifically researched and clinically proven to support wound healing and reduce the risk of infection.
Medihoney Antibacterial Wound Gel 25g is:
- Clinically proven to promote wound healing and reduce the risk of infection.
- Made with Comvita's medical grade Manuka Honey.
- Sterile and effective for all minor wounds.
- One product does three actions including:
- Heals - encourages wound healing and reduced scarring.
- Cleans - naturally cleans the wound of dirt and bacteria.
- Protects - reduces the risk of infection.
- Suitable for all the family including children of any age