Ionil T is used on the hair/scalp to treat dandruff and other scaly, itchy skin conditions (psoriasis or seborrheic dermatitis) flaking and scaling ofthe scalp, scalp pruritis and an aid in the treatment of scalp psoriasis. It doesn't contain soaps or detergents.
Coal tar belongs to a class of drugs known as keratoplastics. It works by causing the skin to shed dead cells from its top layer and slow down the growth of skin cells. This effect decreases scaling and dryness. Coal tar can also decrease itchiness from these skin conditions.
This medication is for use on the hair and scalp only. To avoid irritation, do not let this medication come into contact with your eyes, nose, mouth, groin, or rectum. If you do get the medication in those areas, flush the area with cool water for 15 minutes. Wash hands after use. Do not apply to broken or infected skin unless directed by your doctor.
Directions for Use
Wet hair with water and massage scalp with small amount of Ionil T then rinse with water. Apply larger amount of lather to remain for 5 minutes. Then rinse thoroughly with water. Repeat treatment once or twice weekly,or as directed by a doctor.
Coal Tar Solution 0.05mg/mL (5%), Salicylic Acid 20mg/mL (2%), Lauromacrogol 200, Lauromacrogol 1150, Ethanol andPurified Water. Preservative: Edetate sodium 0.03mg/mL, Benzalkonium chloride 2mg/mL.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- For external use only - if swallowed, get medical help immediately or call the Poisons Information Centre
Do not use this product:
- If you are allergic to any ingredients in this product
- If you have unstable or swollen psoriasis, exudative exzema, pustalar psoriasis or
- If you have a history of any photo allergic ptoential or keratolytic products
- In children and adolescents under the age of 18 years
- If pregnant or likely to become pregnant and in breastfeeding patients.
- If skin irritation occurs, discontinue use.
- Do not use for prolonged periods except on the advise of a doctor or pharmacists.
Always read the label & use only as directed.
- Avoid contact with eyes. If contact occures, rinse eyes with abundant warm clean water.
- Avoid contact with mucosa, open wounds, cutaneous infections.
- Avoid exposure to direct sunlight or UV lamps for a least 24 hours after treatment.
- May discolour bleached or tinted hair.