Cavilon Barrier Film Wand Applicator | Box of 25 x 1mL
3M Cavilon No Sting Barrier Film is an alcohol-free moisture barrier. It contains unique ingredients called polymers that form a waterproof, protective coating on the skin to prevent damage and irritation to the skin barrier. It is breathable and transparent allowing for continuous visualisation and monitoring of skin and to prevent maceration when used in woundcare. It is flexible and conforms to the skin during movement or position changes.
The products unique 3M formulation contains a blend of not one but two polymers, including a Terpolymer and a Homopolymer (plasticiser). The Terpolymer is derived from three distinct monomers, that provides a protective coating on the skin, creating a highly effective barrier. The Homopolymer enhances the films ability to flex with the skin and helps to maintain a continuous, protective coating. Other barrier films contain only one polymer and some utilise alcohol as a solvent which can dry and irritate skin.
- Completely alcohol-free formula will not sting even when applied to damaged or denuded skin and can be used in the peri-wound area
- Clinically proven to provide up to 72 hours of protection from incontinence for cost-effective prevention
- Sterile delivery systems including peel-down packaging
- Non-cytotoxic: will not interfere with skin or wound healing
- Won`t clog or reduce absorbency of diapers or pads when used in incontinence applications
- Provides protection from adhesive trauma
There are no reviews for this product yet. Please write a review here.