Aquacel Foam Non Adhesive 10cm X 10cm
Everything you love about foam — and more.
Only AQUACEL® Foam dressings offer comfort, simplicity and the healing benefits of a Hydrofiber® contact layer.
AQUACEL® Foam dressings give you:
- A waterproof top layer that permits evaporation of excess moisture while protecting against viral/bacterial penetration,*1 allowing the patient to shower and bathe
- A soft, absorbent foam pad to enhance patient comfort and absorb excess fluid
- A Hydrofiber® contact layer that gels on contact with wound fluid and helps provide an optimal environment for wound healing
- A gentle silicone adhesive that provides secure, skin-friendly adhesion, easy removal and demonstrated low potential for dermal irritation or allergic contact sensitisation2
The Hydrofiber® interface in AQUACEL® Foam dressing:
- Reduces pain while dressing is in situ, 3-6
- In its gelled state, supports non-traumatic dressing removal
- Does not damage tender, granulating wound tissue during dressing changes
- Upon removal, results in low cellular adhesion in both wet and dry environments*7
What’s more, AQUACEL® Foam dressings can be used as part of a comprehensive protocol to help protect patients from skin breakdown tied to friction and moisture, including complications such as pressure ulcers.
ConvaTec Hydrofiber® Technology gives AQUACEL® dressings powerful capabilities.
*As demonstrated in vitro
- AQUACEL® foam Dressing - waterproofness, bacterial and viral barrier testing. WHRI3538 MS069. Data on File, ConvaTec Inc.
- Repeat Insult Patch Test CW‐0206‐11‐A730. Data on File , ConvaTec Inc.
- Armstrong SH, Brown DA, Hill E, Ruckley CV. A randomized trial of a new Hydrofiber® dressing, AQUACEL™, and an alginate in the treatment of exuding leg ulcers. Presented at: 5th European Conference on Advances in Wound Management; November 21-24, 1995; Harrogate, UK.
- Barnea Y, Amir A, Leshem D et al. Clinical comparative study of Aquacel and paraffin gauze dressing for split-skin donor site treatment. Ann Plast Surg. 2004;53(2):132-136.
- Caruso DM, Foster KN, Blome‐Eberwein SA, et al. Randomized clinical study of Hydrofiber dressing with silver or silver sulfadiazine in the management of partial‐thickness burns. J Burn Care Res. 2006;27(3):298‐309.
- Kogan L. Moldavsky M. Szvalb S. Govrin-Yehudain J. Comparative study of Aquacel® and Silverol treatment in burns. Ann Burns Fire Disasters 2004; 17(4):201-207
- CVT trials 17650 and competitior products: evaluation of cellular adhesion to wound dressings. Data on File, ConvaTec Inc.
There are no reviews for this product yet. Please write a review here.