Allevyn Non-Adhesive dressings 10x10cm 10 Pack
From the beginning ALLEVYN was designed to respond to the human body. ALLEVYN Non-Adhesive was the first ALLEVYN variant, launched in 1987 it combined patient comfort with the revolutionary trilayer fluid management system that enables moist wound healing1.
ALLEVYN Non-Adhesive has stood the test of time and continues to be an essential for patients and clinicians all over the world.
- Unique triple action technology effectively manages fluid to create a moist wound healing environment1
- Highly breathable top film2 helps to minimise the risk of maceration to the wound and periwound1
- Non-adherent wound contact layer means the dressing is suitable for use on fragile and sensitive skin1,3 including epidermolysis bullosa wounds4
- Soft and comfortable for the patient and conformable to challenging body areas5,6
- Specific Heel “cup” dressing designed to conform to this awkward area5
- Easy to apply and remove6
- Provides an effective barrier function to exogenous bacteria as well as helping to prevent fluid and bacterial strikethrough7
- Wide range of sizes that can be cut to suit different body contours
- Suitable for use under compression bandaging
- ALLEVYN Heel can contribute to a pressure relieving protocol when used prophylactically8
ALLEVYN Non-Adhesive dressings are indicated for use on:
- Shallow, granulating wounds
- Chronic and acute exudative wounds
- Full and partial thickness wounds such as pressure ulcers, leg ulcers and diabetic foot ulcers
- Infected wounds
- Malignant wounds
- Surgical wounds
- First and second degree burns
- Donor sites
- Fungating ulcers
- Oncological Wounds
- Epidermolysis bullosa wounds
How to Apply ALLEVYN Non-Adhesive
- Cleanse wound in accordance with local clinical protocols.
- Select an appropriate dressing size. ALLEVYN Non-Adhesive can be cut to fit awkward areas.
Always use a clean technique when cutting the dressing. When used under compression therapy, the dressing must be cut to the size of the wound.
- Prepare and clean the skin surrounding the wound area and remove excess moisture. Any excess hair should be clipped to ensure close approximation to the wound.
- Remove ALLEVYN Non-Adhesive from the pack using a clean technique.
- Apply the white face to the wound ensuring good contact and secure with a dressing retention sheet (eg OPSITE◊ Flexifix or OPSITE Flexifix Gentle), tape or bandage.
- If the dressing has been cut ensure any exposed foam areas are covered with an appropriate film dressing taking care not to cover the entire dressing.
Frequency of Change
During the early stages of wound management ALLEVYN Non-Adhesive should be inspected
according to local clinical protocol. Where the product is used on infected wounds the infection should be inspected and treated as per local clinical protocol. Dressings can be left in place, undisturbed, for up to 7 days, or until exudate is visible and approaches 1.5cm (5/8in.) from the edge of the dressing, whichever is sooner.
If dressings are applied to the sacral area, they may be left in place for up to 5 days, however, due to the increased potential for contamination and infection in this area, increased monitoring of dressing adherence may be required as per local clinical protocols. The decision of when to change should be dependent upon clinical assessment and local protocols should also be taken into consideration.
To remove ALLEVYN Non-Adhesive, remove the retention dressing or bandage and lift the dressing away from the wound.
ALLEVYN Non-Adhesive utilises the unique triple action technology seen across the ALLEVYN range of dressings. By combining an absorbent hydrocellular pad with a non-adherent wound contact layer and breathable top film; the dressing manages fluid to maintain optimal moist wound healing conditions1,2.
1. Breathable Top Film
The outer polyurethane top film is highly breathable2, helps to prevent strikethrough and provides an effective barrier to bacteria7.
2. Highly Absorbent Foam Core
The hydrocellular foam core is highly absorbent9
3. Non-Adherent Wound Contact Layer
The wound contact layer will not stick to the wound11and is suitable for fragile skin1,3.
ALLEVYN Non-Adhesive is ideal for fragile and sensitive skin due to its non-adherent wound contact layer and soft and conformable construction6. The specially designed Heel dressing fits closely to the heel area allowing even this most challenging of body parts to be dressed comfortably5.
ALLEVYN Non-Adhesive has been providing absorbent, comfortable and conformable woundcare for patients for over 20 years. In this time it has been widely evaluated by numerous clinicians and patients.
In a multicentre clinical trial in the community setting 90% of the 656 ALLEVYN Non-Adhesive dressing applied were judged to be easy to apply and remove, to be conformable to the affected site and to be comfortable to the patient6.
Here is a summary of the key pieces of evidence for ALLEVYN Gentle. Click through to view further detail.
|Kurring P, Roberts C and Quinlan D. (1994) British Journal of Nursing: 3(20) 1049-1053||Evaluation of a hydrocellular dressing in the management of exuding wounds in the community. (PDF - 136kb)|
|ALLEVYN Non-Adhesive||Riggs and Bale: Case Study ALLEVYN Non-Adhesive||The use of ALLEVYN Non-adhesive and INTRASITE◊ Gel in the treatment of a ten month old baby with necrotic perineal and abdominal wounds (PDF - 1mb)|
|ALLEVYN Heel||Notroff and Löffler: Case Study ALLEVYN Heel||Assessment and treatment of a pressure ulcer of the heel (PDF - 76kb)|
There are no reviews for this product yet. Please write a review here.