Mepilex Ag 287110 10cm X 10cm Single Dressing
Antimicrobial foam dressing for low to medium exuding burns and wounds
Mepilex® Ag is our versatile antimicrobial foam dressing – for when you need an antimicrobial action to reduce bioburden in the wound. It’s designed for low to medium exuding burns and wounds. So you can use it to treat leg and foot ulcers, pressure ulcers and partial thickness burns.
This silver foam dressing can inactivate wound relevant pathogens (bacteria and fungi) within 30 minutes, as shown in vitro 1. An international consensus has concluded that an antimicrobial action is indicated to help reduce bioburden in infected wounds 2. And acts as an antimicrobial barrier in wounds at high risk of infection or re-infection 2.
Mepilex Ag adheres gently with Safetac® – the original less-pain contact layer with silicone adhesion. So your patients experience less pain during dressing changes3 4 5 6 7.
- Less painful dressing changes 3 - 7
- Rapid and sustained antimicrobial activity 1
- Clinically proven in comparative studies to improve healing time in partial thickness burn patients 8 9 10
- Clinically proven to reduce cost in partial thickness burn patient 9 10
- Clinically proven to reduce pain and anxiety in partial thickness burn patients 8
Further product information
When to use Mepilex Ag
You can use Mepilex Ag to manage low to moderately exuding wounds, such as leg and foot ulcers, pressure ulcers and partial thickness burns. And it can be used under compression bandaging. Mepilex Ag may be used on infected wounds as part of a treatment regimen under supervision of a qualified health care professional.
How to use Mepilex Ag
Watch how you easily apply our all-in-one Mepilex Ag dressing. Start by cleaning the wound prior to applying the dressing. For best result, Mepilex Ag should overlap the dry surrounding skin by at least 1-2 cm for the smaller sizes (sizes up to 12.5x12.5 cm) and 5 cm for the larger sizes in order to protect the surrounding skin from maceration and excoriation and fixate the dressing securely. Try Tubifast® when you need a fixation.
NB: For full instructions for use, see the packaging leaflet.
- Mölnlycke Health Care. Determination of antimicrobial activity of Mepilex Ag against a broad range of wound pathogens using corrected zone of inhibition method. Report no. 20051215-007. 2005. Data on file.
- Wounds International. International consensus. Appropriate use of silver dressings in wounds. An expert working group consensus. London, UK: Wounds Int; 2012 [cited 14 Sep 2017]. URL: http://www.woundsinternational.com/media/issues/567/files/content_10381.pdf.
- White R. A multinational survey of the assessment of pain when removing dressings. Wounds UK. 4 (1). 2008.
- Woo, K. & Bergström, C. An Open Randomised Cross-over Investigation Assessing Perceived Pain at Dressing Change Comparing A Soft Silicone Dressing, Mepilex® Border, with a Adhesive hydrocellular polyurethane dressing, Allevyn® Adhesive in Patients with chronic ulcer (Clinical Investigation Report (MXB408, Part A, Mölnlycke Health Care), 2007).
- Johnstone A, et al. Innovations in the reduction of pressure ulceration and pain in critical care. Wounds UK. 2013;9(3):76-80
- Viamontes L, et al. Evaluation study of the properties of two adhesive foam dressings. Br J Nurs. 2003;12(11 Supplement): S43-44, S46-49.
- Bateman, S. Principles of preventative foot care. Br J Community Nurs. 2014;(Supplement):S32-S38.
- Gee Kee EL, et al. Randomized controlled trial of three burns dressings for partial thickness burns in children. Burns. 2015;41(5):946-955.
- Gee Kee EL et al. Cost-effectiveness of silver dressings for paediatric partial thickness burns: An economic evaluation from a randomized controlled trial. Burns 2017, 43(4):724-732.
- Silverstein P, et al. An open, parallel, randomized, comparative, multicenter study to evaluate the cost-effectiveness, performance, tolerance, and safety of a silver-containing soft silicone foam dressing (intervention) vs silver sulfadiazine cream. J Burn Care Res. 2011;32(6):617-626.
There are no reviews for this product yet. Please write a review here.