The knork is a fork with a wide, rounded and bevelled outer edge that safely cuts food like a knife without a sharp edge to cut the user. The knork slices through food by means of a rocking motion which is made possible by a finger platform on each side of the handle. It is suitable for both left and right handed users. It is ideal for one handed use 18/0 Stainless steel Knork. Matte Finish - a brushed satin finish. In reality this beautiful utensil is unlike anything else on the market. And the proof is in the use. Incorporating critical modifications to the ages-old fork design, the KNORK enables a user to both cut and spear food using only one utensil - and one hand. Packaged in a clear plastic tube.
Knork Flatware was formed with hope and vision of creating and producing products to aid in the chaos of today's on-the-go society. Founded by Michael D. Miller, the company is aggressive in its strategy and innovative in its approach-creating solutions for use in an unlimited number of markets. Knork Flatware seeks to enhance the dining experience with its line of modern innovative products, unique design and practical function. Designed for how you naturally eat.
A Knork Education
Innovative creativity can come from anywhere. And that is what happened the day Mike Miller went to a pizzeria with friends and struggled to eat pizza neatly with a normal fork--while trying to impress the ladies joining them for dinner. He noticed an employee using a pizza slicer, imagined how that functionality could exist on his fork, and the rest is flatware history.KNORK Flatware is ergonomically designed to correctly fit the way we naturally eat. Its patented design combines innovation and function to produce a complete line of modern flatware designed with comfort, style and stability in mind. Each piece features attributes unique to KNORK including smooth stem fingertip platforms, ergonomic shape and a heavier, balanced design that won't bend or fall from a plate.
Anatomy of a Knork
The Head - Knorks broad and curved outside tines make cutting through food a breeze. The Finger Platform - Knorks unique finger platform provides more comfort with less effort while cutting food. The Handle - Knorks handle is smooth and enlarged for balance, stability, and leverage whether used with your right or left hand.
Features and Benefits
- Outer Beveled Tines Provide highly effective cutting without being sharp, safer for children.
- Contoured Handle for balance, stability, and leverage.
- Dual Outer Beveled Tines flank both sides of the head for single hand usage—allows your to cut and spear food with either the left or right hand.
- Versatile to complement all lifestyles.
- Finger Platform provides more comfort with less effort while cutting food.
- High Quality Forged Stainless Steel for enduring strength and durability.Limited Lifetime Warranty
Frequently Asked Questions
- Will the Knork cut you? No, it is not a sharp or serrated edge. It is a combination of several modifications that allow the Knork to cut without harming the user. The rounded, thinned tines create a beveled edge that allows the user to use a rocking motion to cut through foods. The finger platform provides comfort and leverage while using the fork to cut.
- Is the Knork for left and right handed users? Yes, the finger platform and rounded, thinned tines flank both sides of the utensil.
- What is the difference in finishes? Glossy: shiny mirrored finish, Matte: satin brushed finish, Duo: two-tone finish with a frosted handle and glossy head
- How do I Care for my Knork Products? Stainless steel can last a lifetime with proper care. Avoid soaking for prolonged periods, damp storage conditions, abrasive cleaners and steel wool. Use a non lemon scented detergent and dry after washing. Stains and spots can be removed with a soap cloth or stainless steel cleaner. Knork Flatware is dishwasher safe.