Aust L 281771
Baby colic, sometimes characterised by excessive crying, could be due to many factors. One of the causes of colic may be not having enough good bacteria in the digestive system.
BioGaia Probiotic Drops with the probiotic Lactobacillus reuteri helps improve the good bacteria in a baby’s digestive system, helping to restore balance in the tummy. They are the only colic drops with probiotic Lactobacillus reuteri to ease excessive crying in colicky babies.
They are suitable for all babies and easy to use: a daily dose of 5 drops contains a minimum of 100 million live Lactobacillus reuteri. This 5mL bottle will last one month.
- Sunflower oil
- medium chain triglyceride oil (palm kernel)
- L. reuteri DSM 17938
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Lactobacillus reuteri Protectis©
It is a patented probiotic strain. Lactobacillus reuteri DSM 17938.
How can this product help my baby?
Excessive crying, known as baby colic, could be due to many factors. One of the causes of colic may be not having enough good bacteria in the digestive system. Colicky infants have significantly fewer beneficial bacteria in their intestinal tract.
BioGaia Probiotic Drops, with comforting probiotic Lactobacillus reuteri, helps improve the good bacteria in a baby’s digestive system. They are the only colic drops with probiotic Lactobacillus reuteri to ease excessive crying in colicky babies (documented mainly in breast fed infants).
How many weeks/months should I continue giving these drops to my baby?
Results have been seen as early as 1 week, however, the best results have occurred at the 3 week mark. If symptoms persist you should see your doctor.
Is it ok to do 2 drops now and 3 drops in another feed during the same day?
Yes, while it is recommended to provide the dose in one feed, it is ok as long as the recommended dose (5 drops) is provided daily.
My baby does not take a full bottle at once? Can I spread the 5 drops over one day?
While it is recommended to provide the dose in one feed, it is ok as long as the recommended dose (5 drops) is provided daily. If your baby doesn’t typically take a full bottle we would not recommend you adding the drops to your baby’s full bottle, because if they don’t consume the whole bottle, then you cannot know how much of the probiotic they are consuming. In order to ensure your baby receives the entire dose of the drops, you can give them on a sterile spoon or in a smaller amount of formula.
Suitable for all infants – what age bracket is that exactly?
The product is suitable for all infants (including pre-terms).
How should I store the bottle?
Store at room temperature, below 25 degrees.
Once opened, how long can I leave it open?
Once opened, use within 3 months.
- Please note that we have a 12pm cutoff for shipping orders each weekday. If an order is completed after this time, it will be shipped on the next available shipping run.
- All enquiries about shipping and tracking should be directed to the appropriate carrier, who will be able to provide further assistance.
- Delivery timeframes vary depending on the service (Express, Standard, Click & Collect) selected at checkout and the carrier. After purchase, the item is sent with the designated carrier within 1 business day where possible. Public Holidays and or unavailbility may cause delays in shipping.
- For Australia Post delivery times, please see here.
- Damaged goods, shortages and discrepancies must be reported within 48 hours of receipt of order.
- Returns are at the discretion of SuperPharmacyPlus. Postage costs for returns are the responsibility of the buyer.
- Please contact us should you require any further details.
- SuperPharmacyPlus is an Australian Owned and Operated business ABN 50 280 623 275 and is a registered pharmacy operating under the Australian guidelines and QCPP standards
Absolute life saver!
Posted by Unknown on 29th Mar 2018
I have tried all the colic over the counter things and nothing worked. My 6 week old baby boy was screaming non stop and I was desperate to try one more product. Biogaia WORKS. After his first dose I noticed he had minimal wind, less crying and no screaming! He's a happy settled baby and I wouldn't be without these drops anymore!! HIGHLY RECOMMEND
Did wonders for my baby
Posted by Olga m on 19th Feb 2018
Saw this product on the news, i have a 3 month old baby with colic. Was on prescription medication which did nothing, he was screaming crying with every feed and was impossible to feed. Very restless sleep with alot of discomfort. Was a little sceptical but my little one has done a 95% turn around no more crying or screaming still has a little wind but nothing like he was before. People thought it was coincidence so i stopped and he went back to his old screaming ways and once i started bio gaia again he was back to a happy baby. I recomment this product 100% and always have a back up bottle as it hasnt come to melbourne yet. Has absolutely changed my baby for the better !!!!!