Boobie Bikkies Orange & Cinnamon - Carton of 10 bikkies individually wrapped for maximum freshness.
Breastfeeding is truly a wonderful gift. You are nourishing your baby with love as you hold, gaze and engage with your little one and you are passing on essential nutrients and immune factors through your precious milk. Our deliciously fresh and moreish Boobie Bikkies® have been crafted from carefully selected natural and organic elements to nourish you as you breastfeed your baby. Created by the renowned and respected International Lactation Expert – Pinky McKay, alongside a team of health professionals, our biscuits are intentionally made to be as close to nature as possible. That means, no preservatives, no additives and no ‘unhelpful’ factors that may upset your baby (like chocolate). As your baby is exposed to foods through your own breastmilk, with Boobie Bikkies® you can be sure that whilst you are enjoying your richly deserved snack, you are also providing your baby with the purest delight of all.
Remember, you cannot fill from an empty cup, so our Boobie Bikkies® are the perfect accompaniment during your breastfeeding journey. Individually sealed for maximum freshness, our bikkies will not only satisfy your appetite, but delight you at this same time, whilst boosting your energy levels and supporting you as you nourish your baby.
- Our ‘traditional’ Boobie Bikkies® are made with organic oats, wholemeal flour, raw sugar, free range eggs, organic flaxseed, Brewer’s Yeast, sunflower oil and butter.
- Note: although dairy protein can cause some babies to become unsettled, butter is fat rather than protein, so unless there is a family history of dairy allergies, butter is usually not a problem and, unlike margarine, does not contain any artificial additives. However, if you have concerns that your baby may be sensitive, check out our Gluten and Dairy free Boobie Bikkies® lactation cookies.
- Organic Oats - contain saponins, which are sweet, soap-like substances that have immune-stimulating and antibiotic effects. The body can use saponins as precursors to the production of hormones, including the pituitary hormones that stimulate lactation. Beta-glucan, a protein in oats, whole wheat and barley, has been found to stimulate prolactin secretion and so raise prolactin levels in the blood with positive effects on milk production. (Jacobson, 2007; Sepehri, Renard & Houdebine 1990).
- Organic Flaxseed – called the ‘new wonder food’ by WebMD, Flax seed is rich in vitamins and minerals and essential fatty acids, particularly Omega 3. These essential fats are heart healthy and will nourish your nervous system – low levels have been associated with depression. Flaxseed is also rich in lignans (which include plant estrogen), and fibre.
- Brewer’s Yeast - rich in B group vitamins, minerals, folic acid and protein, Brewers' Yeast is also a rich source of chromium – an essential part of glucose tolerance factor (GTF). Chromium is needed for the regulation of carbohydrate metabolism and insulin function. Niacin (vitamin B3) is also an integral part of GTF and is present in Brewers' Yeast.
- Eggs - a nutrient rich, natural, whole food, eggs are a source of high-quality protein. The World Health Organization (WHO) uses eggs as their reference standard for evaluating the protein quality in all other foods. Egg protein is usually referred to as "HBV"(High Biological Value) protein, scoring 100% on the HBV chart. All B vitamins are found in eggs, including vitamins B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B12, choline, biotin, and folic acid as well as essential fatty acids, especially omega 3 fats (important for healthy nervous systems in you and your baby), Vitamins A, D, E, and K, calcium, iron, zinc. They are also an excellent source of certain minerals that can sometimes be difficult to obtain from other foods such as selenium and iodine.
INTERESTING FACT: cinnamon is a spice that is commonly used in Brazil and Peru in foods to promote lactation*. Babies are also said to love the taste so it may encourage effective breast emptying, which can then stimulate milk production (the more milk you remove, the more milk your body will be signalled to make). We have ensured that the cinnamon flavour is gorgeous but subtle (you may be caught smelling your bikkies while you eat because it is just so good!) so it really is a win-win situation for you and your baby.
How long do they last?
We don’t use any preservatives in Boobie Bikkies®. Each cookie is individually wrapped inside the box to maintain maximum freshness. Best before date is 6 months from date of baking. Please store your bikkies in a cool place to maintain optimal freshness. We recommend you purchase your bikkies closer to the date in which you intend to consume them.
* Jacobsen, 2011
There are no reviews for this product yet. Please write a review here.