AUST R 181835
Movicol Powder Sachets 13g Chocolate Flavour 30 Pack
- Contains Macrogol 3350 plus electrolytes.
- It is an iso osmotic solution which prevents the net loss or gain of water and electrolytes in the body.
- Water and electrolytes are absorbed by the stool to soften and lubricate the stools.
- Lactose free, gluten free and sucrose free.
- Great flavours making it easy to take.
- Bulk preperations meaning it can be stored in the fridge for 24 hours resulting in little or no wastage.
- Comes in easy to use sachets, ideal for at home and travel.
Directions for Use:
- Open the sachet and pour the contents into a glass.
- Add 125mL of water into the glass.
- Stir well until all the powder has dissolved and the Movicol flavour free solution is clear or slightly hazy, then drink it.
- If you like, you can add a flavour such as orange cordial to the drink.
Active ingredients and Quantities per sachet/per 125 mL after preparation -
Macrogol 3350 13.125 g
Sodium bicarbonate 178.6 mg
Sodium chloride 350.8 mg
Potassium chloride 50.2 mg
Contains 187 mg of sodium and 26 mg of potassium. Contains: Contains 187 mg of sodium and 26 mg of potassium.
The fluid content of movicol when re-constituted with water does not replace regular fluid intake and adequate fluid intake must be maintained. Laxative products such as movicol have the potential to interact with other medications, by altering their absorption. Close monitoring of the effects of the medications may be necessary when patient starts and stops taking Movicol regularly. It is important that the patient should dicuss this with the doctor. If the patient is pregnant take to the doctor before taking Movicol. If the patient needs to thicken fluids in order to swallow them safely, Movicol may counteract the effect of the thickener.
Works very well.