Lyclear Scabies Cream contains 5% w/w permethrin. One tube contains a single treatment for an adult.
Body lice or scabies is a skin infection caused by a small mite (Sarcoptes scabiei). Intense itching all over the body is usually the most common symptom, with the itching more likely at night or after bathing. Lyclear cream is used to treat infestations of scabies on the body. It kills the mites in their burrows and contains no colour agents or fragrance. The cream is absorbed completley into the skin and leaves no residue.
Treatment of household scabies
- Treat the whole family simultaneously, even members who are not itchy. The initial strategy is to kill the mite. Once this is achieved then treatment for the itch and dermatitis can begin.
- Apply the acaricidal preparation to dry skin from the neck down emphasising treatment of all sites - e.g. under nails, soles of feet, natal cleft. Permethrin cream is a good primary treatment and the author advises patients to leave this on for 24 hours. The head requires treatment if involved. This should be looked for in the elderly, infants, compromised patients and those with Norwegian scabies.
- Family members with likely scabies should have a repeat permethrin treatment in one week.
- Wash all clothes and bed sheeting being used in hot water and either iron or put through a hot dryer. An alternative is to store bedding and clothing for 1-2 weeks.
- Note that 'mite killing' cream will not immediately resolve the itch or the rash.
- Begin antipruritic dermatitis treatment immediately after each course of antiscabetic creams: (a) moisturise before and after showering (b) avoid irritants such as too much soap and excessive sweating (c) apply appropriately potent topical corticosteroids to the rash for the next 2-3 weeks (d) treat secondary infection
3 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Its a good product for scabies. I have received it very on-time and fast
Shipped quite quickly---and the product is and works as described.