Iodosorb Dressing 5g | 6cm x 4cm 5 Pack
Iodosorb* dressings are sterile formulations of cadexomer iodine. When applied to the wound, they absorb fluids, removing exudate, pus and debris and form a gel over the wound surface. As they swell, iodine is released, killing bacteria and changing colour
- Iodosorb dressing contains 60% cadexomer iodine and 40% polyethylene glycol.
Helps Promote Wound Healing
Fewer Dressing Changes
- Pus and debris are removed effectively
- Iodosorb helps to promote a clean wound healing environment
- A change in colour indicates when Iodosorb should be changed
- Gel formed over the wound helps to facilitate moist healing
- Accelerated healing rates of chronic leg ulcers can lead to earlier patient discharges
- Iodosorb dressings contain cadexomer iodine which can absorb up to 6 times its weight in fluid
- Range of sizes to suit most wound sizes
- Iodosorb dressings treat infection and associated pain is reduced which can improve quality of life
- Iodosorb is non-adhesive which can reduce trauma at dressing changes and encourage patient compliance
|Contraindications / Precautions
Iodosorb is contraindicated for:
Iodosorb should not be used:
- patients with known or suspected iodine sensitivity
- Hashimoto's Thyroiditis
- non-toxic nodular goitre
Special Warnings and Precautions for Use
- by pregnant or lactating women
Iodine may be absorbed systemically, especially when large wounds are treated. Patients with severely impaired renal function or a past history of any thyroid disorder are more susceptible to alterations in thyroid metabolism with chronic Iodosorb therapy.
In endemic goitre, there have been isolated reports of hyperthyroidism associated with exogenous iodine.
It has been observed occasionally that an adherent crust can form when Iodosorb is not changed with sufficient frequency.
There are no reviews for this product yet. Please write a review here.