Gloup Medication Lubricant Family (Lemon/Lime Flavour) 150ml
Gloup is a universal gel that makes solid medicines, such as tablets, capsules, vitamins and powders, EASIER TO SWALLOW.
- 150ml Tube
- 100% Natural
- IDDSI Level 3 / yoghurt thickness
- Lemon/Lime Flavour
How does Gloup work?
- Gloup is a slippery gel that enables you to swallow your medicines easily and assists them in passing smoothly through the oesophagus to the stomach.
- Gloup moistens the mucous membranes in the mouth and throat.
- The orange flavour of Gloup assists in masking the bitterness of tablets.
Why use Gloup?
Many patients have difficulty with, or simply don't like, swallowing their medications. As a result they either avoid taking their medication, or alter the medication by crushing or splitting it, which can result in:
- a change in therapeutic effect
- increased risk of side effects
When patients alter (crush or split) medication, they also often mix with substances such as yoghurt, fruit puree, jam, or thickened fluids. None of these substances have been designed for use with medications and can impact the efficacy, side effect profile and absorption of the drug.
Who can use Gloup?
Gloup can be used by anyone who struggles to swallow solid medicines, vitamins and/or nutritional supplements. Gloup does not contain sugar, gluten or gelatine and is free from allergens.
- Gloup is a thick, slippery gel that makes medicines easier to swallow.
- Gloup has a pleasant, fresh orange flavour that camouflages the taste of medicines.
- Gloup consists of >99% natural ingredients, all with 'food grade' status.
- Gloup is capable of effectively moistening the mouth and throat without sticking to the roof of the mouth.
- Gloup biodegrades into inactive elements in the stomach as a result of the acidic environment.
- Gloup does not contain sugar, gluten or gelatine and is free from allergens.
- Gloup can be used in most circumstances and has no known interactions with existing medicines.
- Gloup should be used chilled for best results.