Faulding® GlucoControl™ is designed for the dietary management of people with pre-diabetes and Type 2 Diabetes. Reduces meal GI. Faulding®
GlucoControl™ a good source of fibre and has a great-tasting vanilla flavour.
Directions for Use
Take 0-30min prior to a meal. Pour 150mL of chilled water into a shaker. Pour the contents of one sachet and mix well. Consume the contents immediately after mixing.
Take up to three times per day, before selected meals.
Examples of when GlucoControl could be taken;
(i) social meals when low-GI foods are hard to get, (ii) breakfast, when it involves high-GI items such as toast (iii) other high-GI meals (with bread, pastry, noodles potatoes, white rice, or sweet foods).
What does it do?
GlucoControl significantly lowers the glucose spike that comes after eating meals by temporarily slowing down digestion (including the digestion of monosaccharides). The effect of this can be seen here in Figure 1:
Endocrinologists, Dietitians and GP’s all agree that it is important for people with type 2 diabetes and prediabetes to consume foods that produce lower post-meal glucose spikes. Along with medication, optimal portion sizes and exercise, glycemic control is a fundamental part of an overall strategy to prevent and manage type 2 diabetes.
The Control in Figure 1 (a standard high-GI meal of 2 slices of white bread with jam and coffee/tea) contains 50g of available carbohydrate.
Faulding GlucoControl Proprietary Protein Blend [Whey Protein Concentrate, Whey Protein Isolate, Milk Protein Isolate, Hydrolysed Whey Protein Isolate, Emulsifier (Soy Lecithin)], Guar Gum, Flavour, Sweetener (955), Anti-caking agent (551)
Contains-Soy, milk and milk products
Food for special medical purposes.
Use under medical supervision.
Not suitable as a sole source of nutrition.
Do not use if tamper evident seal is missing, torn or broken.
Servings per package: 1
Serving size: 26.6 g
Quantity per Serving Quantity per 100g
26.6g (or 100mL)
Energy 377.1kJ 1418.6 kJ
Protein 16.4 g 61.7 g
Fat, total 1.2 g 4.3 g
- saturated 0.8 g 2.9 g
Carbohydrate 2.0 g 7.6 g
- sugars 1.2 g 4.4g
Dietary Fibre 4.4g 16.4g
Sodium 32.5 mg 122.2 mg
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What is Faulding® GlucoControl™
A: Faulding® GlucoControl™ is a food for special medical purposes. It is a vanilla flavoured drink which, when taken prior to a meal, assists in reducing the blood glucose spike that occurs after a meal.
Invented in Australia, and validated by Baker IDI in Melbourne, Faulding® GlucoControl™ is a dietary management support for people with pre-diabetes and Type 2 diabetes.
Q: What are the ingredients of Faulding® GlucoControl™?
A: Faulding® GlucoControl™ contains dairy proteins and vegetable fibre extracts. A single dose of Faulding® GlucoControl™ provides a good source of the daily recommended intake of both protein and soluble fibre.
Q: How do I use Faulding® GlucoControl™?
A: Faulding® GlucoControl™ comes in single serve sachets and is added to half a cup of water (150mL) in a shaker or in a glass followed by vigorous shaking/mixing just prior to consumption. Faulding® GlucoControl™ can be taken up to 30 minutes prior to a meal.
Q: Should I take Faulding® GlucoControl™?
A: Faulding® GlucoControl™ may be of benefit to people with Type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes when taken as part of a medically supervised diabetes management program with your medical practitioner or allied healthcare professional*. Faulding® GlucoControl™ has been shown to be most effective in people with Type 2 diabetes with an HbA1c value that is less than 8.5% and in people with pre-diabetes.
Q: How does Faulding® GlucoControl™ work?
A: Highly refined modern foods, especially high carbohydrate meals are digested very quickly, resulting in rapidly elevated blood glucose levels.
Faulding® GlucoControl™ slows the digestion of a meal. It does this by:
1) Slower emptying of stomach contents.
2) Slower conversion of carbohydrates to sugars. This results in lower blood glucose spikes.
Q: Will I still need to take my Type 2 diabetes medication?
A: Yes, Faulding® GlucoControl™ is designed for use with most oral Type 2 diabetes medications. It is important that you discuss this with your medical practitioner or allied healthcare professional.
Q: Which meals should I take Faulding® GlucoControl™ before?
A: Please consult with your medical practitioner or allied healthcare professional in terms of dietary requirements and when Faulding® GlucoControl™ may benefit you.
Q: How soon will I notice a difference when taking Faulding® GlucoControl™?
A: Taking Faulding® GlucoControl™ before a meal reduces the blood glucose rise of that meal. People who regularly monitor their blood glucose levels can check this for themselves.
Q: Is Faulding® GlucoControl™ a meal replacement?
A: No, Faulding® GlucoControl™ is not a meal replacement and is not suitable as a sole source of nutrition.
Q: Is Faulding® GlucoControl™ a diet shake?
A: No, Faulding® GlucoControl™ is not a diet shake and is not suitable as a sole source of nutrition.
Q: While taking Faulding® GlucoControl™ does this mean I can eat whatever I want?
A: It is recommended that Faulding® GlucoControl™ is taken before a healthy high GI meal, when a naturally low GI alternative is not available. For example; bread, rice or cereal based meals which are typically high GI. Faulding® GlucoControl™ should form part of your diabetes management plan in consultation with your medical practitioner or allied healthcare professional.
Please consult with your healthcare professional prior to taking Faulding® GlucoControl™.
Food for Special Medical Purpose. Use under medical supervision. Not suitable as a sole source of nutrition. Contains milk, milk products and soy products.
* ‘Medical practitioner or allied healthcare professional’ refers to a general practitioner (GP/Doctor) or dietician, diabetes educator or pharmacist.
- For Australia Post delivery times, please see here.
- We accept Mastercard, Visa and American Express credit cards through the Braintree by Paypal gateway.
- Damaged goods, shortages and discrepancies must be reported within 48 hours of receipt of order.
- Returns are at the discretion of SuperPharmacyPlus. Postage costs for returns are the responsibility of the buyer.
- Delivery timeframes vary depending on the service (Express, Standard, Click & Collect) selected at checkout and the carrier. After purchase, the item is sent with the designated carrier within 1 business day. The customer will be advised should there be a delay for any reason.
- **PLEASE NOTE THAT DURING THE CHRISTMAS AND PUBLIC HOLIDAY SEASON there may be some delays in delivery timeframes due to carrier's services and increased demand. We recommend that you place your order as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.**
- Please contact us should you require any further details.
- SuperPharmacyPlus is an Australian Owned and Operated business ABN 50 280 623 275 and is a registered pharmacy operating under the Australian guidelines and QCPP standards