Equagel General Pressure Care Cushion 18"x16"
The EquaGel General Cushion offers maximum comfort to users by distributing their weight across their seat evenly. Designed to minimise pressure on the buttocks, and reduce pressure sores, this cushion is a great alternative to many other cushions on the market. For those with limited movement, or who require long term seating the EquaGel Cushion may be the permanent solution, especially if the user is prone to pressure ulcers.
This pressure cushion is made by two layers of dry-polymer gel; the top layer comprises a thin wall of gel, while the lower is made from a thicker gel layer, designed to maintain posture support.
The EquaGel General Cushion has a waterproof cover and velcro strip on the bottom for wheelchair users. The safe user load is determined by bottoming out.
- Width: 45.7cm
- Depth: 40.6cm
- Height: 5.1cm
- Weight Capacity 150kg
Here is a range comparison to help you with your selection
Equagel General Cushion
- For moderate cushioning needs
- Waterflow Rating is: Prevention
- The thickness of the cushion is 2inches
- User Weight 150kg
Equagel Protector Cushion
- For advanced cushioning needs
- Waterlow Rating is: Grade 1
- The thickness of the cushion is 2.5 inches
- User Weight 147kg
Equagel Adjustable Protector
- For customisable cushioning needs
- Waterlow Rating is: Grade 2+
- The thickness of the cushion is 2.5inches
- Two different pelvic contour inserts are included to increase the therapeutic gel under the pelvis
- User Weight 160kg
Caution: Pressure Cushions & Mattresses
• All pressure reduction products must be monitored to prevent 'bottoming out'. This occurs when the user's weight bears down so hard on the product material that it is flattened and the bony parts are pressed against the surface below the cushion or mattress. Where bottoming out occurs even with correct use (e.g. correct inflation levels), a different product may need to be considered.
• Sometimes, due to the user deteriorating, the product may become unsuitable. Continuous monitoring is necessary and alternative products may be recommended.
• There are many things to consider when selecting pressure care products including nutrition, skin moisture, level of mobility, age shear, friction, location of pressure ulcer (if present) and hygiene. Any comments regarding level of pressure care is a suggestion made by suppliers as a guide to assist with selection, and this may differ from brand to brand. When selecting pressure care products it is strongly advised that a comprehensive assessment is undertaken by a health professional to encourage correct product selection and monitoring of product effectiveness.
- Please note that we have a 12pm cutoff for shipping orders each weekday. If an order is completed after this time, it will be shipped on the next available shipping run.
- All enquiries about shipping and tracking should be directed to the appropriate carrier, who will be able to provide further assistance.
- Delivery timeframes vary depending on the service (Express, Standard, Click & Collect) selected at checkout and the carrier. After purchase, the item is sent with the designated carrier within 1 business day. The customer will be advised should there be a delay for any reason.
- For Australia Post delivery times, please see here.
- Damaged goods, shortages and discrepancies must be reported within 48 hours of receipt of order.
- Returns are at the discretion of SuperPharmacyPlus. Postage costs for returns are the responsibility of the buyer.
- Please contact us should you require any further details.
- SuperPharmacyPlus is an Australian Owned and Operated business ABN 50 280 623 275 and is a registered pharmacy operating under the Australian guidelines and QCPP standards