DulcoSoft Powder 10g 10 Sachets. Aust L 336393
Clinically proven to relieve constipation1-4
Gently relieve constipation
Contains the active ingredient Macrogol 4000 10g
DulcoSoft works with your body to gently and effectively relieve constipation. It works only at the site of the problem, in the bowel, by a hydrating action to soften hard stool and reactivate your normal rhythm. DulcoSoft:
- Is not absorbed into the body
- A powder, completely dissolves in a glass of water and does not thicken
- Is suitable for people concerned about their blood glucose level, as it contains no sugar
- Free from gluten, sugar, lactose and sodium
Always read the label. Follow the directions for use. If symptoms persist, talk to your health professional.
How To Use
Adults & Children 8 years and over:
- Start by taking 1 sachet a day, dissolved in a glass of water or fruit juice.
- If needed increase to 2 sachets a day, taken as a single dose preferably in the morning.
- Continue to take it until your bowel movements return to normal. DulcoSoft works within 24 to 48 hours.
- In some cases it may be necessary to adjust the dose to produce regular soft stools. If necessary, adjust the dose as follows:
- Children 8 to 12 years: 1 sachet on alternate days to a maximum of 3 sachets a day. Should be limited to 3 months except under medical supervision.
- Adults and children over 12 years: 1 sachet on alternate days to a maximum of 4 sachets a day.
- To be taken at least 2 hours before or 2 hours after other medication to avoid possibility of reducing the absorption of other medications.
- Click here to view the Consumer Medicine Information.
- Gluten Free.
- Sugar Free.
- Lactose Free.
- Sodium (Salt) Free
Do not take if you are:
- Allergic to macrogol.
- Suffering from stomach pain or constipation.
- Ask for advice from your pharmacist or doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Talk to your pharmacist of doctor if your symptoms worsen or do not improve within 7 days of treatment.
KEEP OUT OF THE SIGHT AND REACH OF CHILDREN
What is the difference between a stimulant and osmotic laxative?
They both work in different ways. A stimulant laxative like Dulcolax Tablets works by stimulating the bowel muscles to promote a bowel movement. Whereas an osmotic laxative like DulcoSoft work by drawing water to your stool, which loosens the stool and increases stool volume, helping to overcome sluggish bowels gradually within 24 to 48 hours.
What time of day should I take DulcoSoft Powder?
DulcoSoft is preferably taken in the morning.
Is it safe to use DulcoSoft on a daily basis?
DulcoSoft is recommended for short term use only. If symptoms persist seek medical advice.
How much DulcoSoft Powder can I take?
See How to Use above
Does DulcoSoft Powder have a flavour?
No. DulcoSoft is flavourless, with no salty taste, so is easy to drink in water or juice.
Does DulcoSoft contain electrolytes?
No, there is no need for the substitution of electrolytes during constipation treatment2,3.
How do I use DulcoSoft Powder?
Dissolve DulcoSoft Powder in a glass of water or juice.
Should I take the DulcoSoft Powder before, after, or with meals?
It does not matter if you take DulcoSoft Powder before or after food and it is recommended to be taken in the morning.
Will DulcoSoft cause me any sudden urges to evacuate my bowel?
DulcoSoft is formulated for gentle relief, starting to work within 24 to 48 hours. It works by drawing water into the stool, so you don’t have to be concerned about sudden urges.
How does DulcoSoft Powder work?
Dulcosoft works by drawing water to your stool, which loosens the stool and increases stool volume, helping to overcome sluggish bowels gradually within 24 to 48 hours.
Can you take a Dulcolax product with the DulcoSoft product?
While there is no medicine interaction between taking both Dulcolax and DulcoSoft, the two agents have different actions which will compound and result in a more unpredictable response if taken simultaneously – so it is not recommended.
Can DulcoSoft be taken in pregnancy?
If you are pregnant or are planning to have a baby, ask your doctor or pharmacist before taking this medicine. Macrogol may be taken during pregnancy. However speak with a Healthcare Professional for advice before taking this medicine.
Can I take DulcoSoft Powder if I’m lactose or gluten intolerant?
Yes. DulcoSoft is Gluten, Lactose, Sugar and Sodium (salt) free
There are no reviews for this product yet. Please write a review here.