**Contains 3 boxes of BioGaia**
Aust L 281771
Baby colic, sometimes characterised by excessive crying, could be due to many factors. One of the causes of colic may be not having enough good bacteria in the digestive system.
BioGaia Probiotic Drops with the probiotic Lactobacillus reuteri helps improve the good bacteria in a baby’s digestive system, helping to restore balance in the tummy. They are the only colic drops with probiotic Lactobacillus reuteri to ease excessive crying in colicky babies.
They are suitable for all babies and easy to use: a daily dose of 5 drops contains a minimum of 100 million live Lactobacillus reuteri. This 5mL bottle will last one month.
- Sunflower oil
- medium chain triglyceride oil (palm kernel)
- L. reuteri DSM 17938
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Lactobacillus reuteri Protectis©
It is a patented probiotic strain. Lactobacillus reuteri DSM 17938.
How can this product help my baby?
Excessive crying, known as baby colic, could be due to many factors. One of the causes of colic may be not having enough good bacteria in the digestive system. Colicky infants have significantly fewer beneficial bacteria in their intestinal tract.
BioGaia Probiotic Drops, with comforting probiotic Lactobacillus reuteri, helps improve the good bacteria in a baby’s digestive system. They are the only colic drops with probiotic Lactobacillus reuteri to ease excessive crying in colicky babies (documented mainly in breast fed infants).
How many weeks/months should I continue giving these drops to my baby?
Results have been seen as early as 1 week, however, the best results have occurred at the 3 week mark. If symptoms persist you should see your doctor.
Is it ok to do 2 drops now and 3 drops in another feed during the same day?
Yes, while it is recommended to provide the dose in one feed, it is ok as long as the recommended dose (5 drops) is provided daily.
My baby does not take a full bottle at once? Can I spread the 5 drops over one day?
While it is recommended to provide the dose in one feed, it is ok as long as the recommended dose (5 drops) is provided daily. If your baby doesn’t typically take a full bottle we would not recommend you adding the drops to your baby’s full bottle, because if they don’t consume the whole bottle, then you cannot know how much of the probiotic they are consuming. In order to ensure your baby receives the entire dose of the drops, you can give them on a sterile spoon or in a smaller amount of formula.
Suitable for all infants – what age bracket is that exactly?
The product is suitable for all infants (including pre-terms).
How should I store the bottle?
Store at room temperature, below 25 degrees.
Once opened, how long can I leave it open?
Once opened, use within 3 months.
- For Australia Post delivery times, please see here.
- We accept Mastercard, Visa and American Express credit cards through the Braintree by Paypal gateway.
- Damaged goods, shortages and discrepancies must be reported within 48 hours of receipt of order.
- Returns are at the discretion of SuperPharmacyPlus. Postage costs for returns are the responsibility of the buyer.
- Delivery timeframes vary depending on the service (Express, Standard, Click & Collect) selected at checkout and the carrier. After purchase, the item is sent with the designated carrier within 1 business day. The customer will be advised should there be a delay for any reason.
- **PLEASE NOTE THAT DURING THE CHRISTMAS AND PUBLIC HOLIDAY SEASON there may be some delays in delivery timeframes due to carrier's services and increased demand. We recommend that you place your order as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.**
- Please contact us should you require any further details.
- SuperPharmacyPlus is an Australian Owned and Operated business ABN 50 280 623 275 and is a registered pharmacy operating under the Australian guidelines and QCPP standards